Overhead Crane Operator Training
MEERHOLZ CANADA OFFERS COMPREHENSIVE ON-SITE TRAINING CLASSES FOR OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATORS
Upon completion of the course your Operators will have the knowledge and skills to establish a uniform safety procedure for conducting and recording safety checks on your cranes, hoists, wire ropes etc. They will have the knowledge to conduct visual inspections, perform operational and running tests as well as being able to identify inspection targets. They will also be trained in safety precautions, proper material handling procedures, avoiding accidents and equipment protection.
CRANE OPERATION COURSE OUTLINE & MATERIALS:
- Manual (46 pages)
- Safety Rules
- 20 min DVD â€“ Safe Operation of Cranes & Hoists
- Crane Inspection Before Maintenance
- Pre-operational Checks
- Inspecting a Moving Crane
- Each Shift Inspection & Periodic Inspections
- Cranes not in Regular Use
- Material Hoists, Chains & Slings
- Safe Operating Procedures for Slings
- Rigging Equipment Inspection
- Checks on Chain Slings & Use of Chain Slings
- Bolts & Shackles
- Wire Ropes & Wire Rope Sling
- Hand Signals
- Other Rigging â€“ Lifting Equipment
- Sling Load Limit
- Clamps & Slinging a Load onto a Crane Hook
- Synthetic Web Slings
- Before Moving a Load
- Move a Load Safely
- What to do Before Leaving the Crane
- Avoid when Operating a Crane
- Preparation for a Safe Lift
- Making a Safe Lift
- Conclusion & Test
Course Duration ~ 3 full eight hour days scheduled to your convenience.
Maximum Students per Class ~10 - Minimum Students per Class 5
Method of Instruction ~ Hands on and Classroom.
Location ~ Conveniently at your Site.
Focus ~ To train your Operators on the equipment they use daily.
Materials ~ Includes all materials & certificate of completion at end of course.